Monday, April 6, 2009

SE Asia bound!

(this is an excerpt from my most recent email update - if you want to get these and don't - let me know!)


Next tuesday, April 14th, I will be setting off on the first of several flights to the country of Myanmar (formerly known as Burma). Myanmar is a deeply Buddhist country and we have several families working there, both nationals and Americans. I will be there to encourage the workers, do video work for our home office, shoot a couple of "Day in the life of a Miss. Kid" videos, have a first hand look at the needs of our Miss. families on the field and see better what my department (Children & Family Development Ministries) can do to serve them, and fellowship with believers there.

I am excited to have my very first Field Visit and to be able to stay with my dear friends Matt & Heather. I will be gone from April 14th - May 10th, so please use caution when emailing me during that time. Avoid "church" language (similar to when I was in China). Use "Dad" instead of God, "Dad's book" instead of bible, "Workers" instead of Miss., etc... I'm pretty perceptive, so I think I'll be able to figure out what you mean. :-)

Please Pray for:
- Safe travel to, within, and from Myanmar
- My eyes and heart to be open to God's leading during this time
- Peace of mind for my family while I am out of the country
- Good health and rest during the project
I won't be able to get on blogger while I am in the country (it's blocked there) but I will try to do a good job of updating as soon as I return!  Well, at least as soon as I get over jet lag.  ;-)  

Here is my friend's webpage if you want to know more.  

2 comments:

EmileeHope said...

Wow! That trip sounds amazing! We will be thinking about you and praying for you! I love you Abby!!!

Kelsey and Travis said...

Will be praying for you. Have a great time!!!