Thursday, September 17, 2009

adventures in cupcakes

a few weeks ago was my roommate, Bri's birthday. she loves the combination of raspberries and chocolate - so i put on my thinking cap and whipped up chocolate cupcakes with pureed red raspberries in the center and then used the juice drained off of frozen raspberries as the liquid in a buttercream frosting - topped with a fresh raspberry. Voila, cupcake wonderfulness.


and for the baby shower? that was today over lunch. i made plain old yellow cupcakes, but filled them with sweetened cream, frosted with a pale green buttercream, topped with a tart (gigantic!) blackberry and sprinkled with a dusting of green sugar. mmm...



excuse me now, while i go brush my teeth a few thousand times.


3 comments:

Rachel said...

you crack me up! and make me drool.

Those cupcakes look divine!

Anonymous said...

love the "piped" green frosting...how clever!! & the red raspberry(we know raspberries as BLACK) looks wonderful...how creative! MOM

Ryan said...

Abigail...I seriously loved both of those cupcakes. I crave them at least once a day now.