Thursday, March 18, 2010

loss

yesterday i lost one of my closest and dearest friends.  she was perhaps the best wife and mom i have ever met, loved people deeply, cried freely with and for others.  i'm having a hard time at this moment even believing this reality, even though i have spent most of the past 15 hours in tears.  Kylee died yesterday from eclampsia, leaving behind her husband Matt (of who she was his biggest fan and adored him in beautiful depths), children Seth, Lydia, and Sarai (who she loved to gather in her arms and tell them, "ohhh, i just love you so much!") and tiny infant Caleb, who she never got the chance to meet.


i am overwhelmed with sorrow.  i know where she is.  she is dancing and singing for the King of Kings, just like she was created to do and loved doing here on earth.  she had such a deep hope in heaven, a delight in Jesus.  she is going to be so deeply missed.  our loss is immense.  but it is not the end.  she's getting the party started, i'll see her in heaven again.  i can't wait for that hug.  


please pray friends.  while our hope is in heaven, this hurts so deeply.  

i want to put this on here because this brings me joy.  Kylee dancing and air guitaring to "God will lift up your head."  She had given me that song to listen to when I was struggling and in a hard place.  I can't think of anything more fitting.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. It makes me smile to see that. She is getting to do in person what she lived her life doing on earth. Praising her Lord.

Rachel said...

Holding back tears and praying deeply. Love you.

EmileeHope said...

Praying for her family right now! I cannot even begin to fathom what they are going through and my heart goes out to them. I am praying for you too dear Abby. Love you.

Sarah Belzer said...

This video made me cry a lot... but it also reminded me that Kylee is dancing in heaven right now! And that is a great thought!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful tribute to such a beautiful, God-loving woman. thanks for helping with the healing Abigail. Love you so much MOM