Thursday, February 25, 2010

yummy pie & an adorable friend

last night i made an cheddar crust apple pie because...well, i needed to bake.  i made a pie like this when i was about 9 years old for 4-H, losing highest honors to somebody's cherry pie (that had boiled over!!).  no i'm not bitter about that thank you, but i have always been sad that i promptly lost the recipe and never was able to make that yummy goodness again.

so i tried again and if my housemates give it a thumbs up at family dinner tonight i'll post pics and the recipe.  i'm excited about the dinner that will precede the pie too, lemon chicken with sweet pea tortellini that i got out of my most recent rachael ray magazine.  mmmmm...

now, while this may lower my chances at getting something fun, i do want to share about my friend rachel's giveaway.

because who can resist sharing a friend this adorable with the world?

i dream that someday when we are 50 or 60 we will open a bakery together.  we will change the world one cupcake with a sprinkle of Jesus' love at a time.  can you see it?  rachel, have i told you this before?  are you in?

so head over here to visit her giveaway.  all you have to do is tell her a dream or something you're thankful for...and who couldn't use a reminder of God's goodness in the middle of the work week?


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness!!! First off, how did the cheddar apple pie go? I've often wanted to make/try one and have never done so. I've heard the combination is dynamite!

Second, a post about little 'ol me?! I feel like I won the lottery. It doesn't take much to make me smile and you sure made my day miss Abigail! Thank you for mentioning my giveaway! That was uber nice of you!

You make me laugh so much! I think we should start our bakery before age 50! Our motto definitely is going to be, "Changing the world one cupcake with a sprinkle of Jesus' love at a time." I LOVE IT!

P.S. I love your dream and have made it a prayer on my heart! I love you Abigail!!!