Monday, August 11, 2008

baby face, you've got the cutest little baby face...



last night i was asked to help watch kids at a nearby church while they had an all church meeting.  they were needing an "Adult Presence" to help the youth group kids who had volunteered.  i was the adult presence for the 5 year olds through...well, the youth group kids.  it was a mad house.  midway through the 3 and half hour meeting (i'm not joking) a mom came up with her 5 year son.  she was clearly nervous as she scoped the scene.  she finally looked at one of the youth group girls and said, "i was going to leave him up here, but since there are no adults in charge, i'm really not ready to let him run loose with all the kids."  i was, in fact, standing right next to the woman when she said that.  

me:  actually, um, i'm the adult in charge.

(confused look from concerned mom)

me:  i'm deceptively young looking.  i'm actually 25.

4 youth group girls in unison:  really???!!  we thought you were new in the youth group!

concerned mom (skeptically): oh, well, uh, i guess he can stay - do you want to stay little billy?


yup, babyface alter strikes again. 

 

and just to prove my point - a picture of me from friday, holding my olympic hoopla treat (rice crispy olympic rings!)  - i look like any other proud 14 year old... except for the fact that i am, in fact, 25.   seriously.  i'm not joking.  i can show you my license.  promise.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my sweet abby. this made me smile. :) i love you.

Andysbethy said...

Abby, babyface, darling. The problem is that, in my mind, you are supposed to still BE five. I don't care how old you look. It is the fact that you ARE 25 that still just about kills me. I love you!
(P.S. I think I am finally starting to look my age... and it took me having two kids, a deployed husband and migraines to achieve it! Don't fret about looking young!)