Friday, August 22, 2008

spellbound - and for once i'm not talking about wicked

we just watched jbc's version of godspell together, my roommates and me. 

and that accurately describes how i feel now that it's over - i am in a God - spell.
i am spellbound by Christ's life and His sacrifice.  how utterly and deeply betrayed and alone He was - how He still gave it all after that

and how unbelievably breathtaking it is to see His victory for all.

as it says all in one voice, "prepare ye the way of the Lord" and "long live God"

He is, was, and always will be.

how does one describe the depth of Christ in those moments you are smacked with it?  i don't think i can.  but i am in awe right now.  i am spellbound.  

come and join the mighty chorus the stars began - 

Joyful Joyful Lord We Adore Thee

1 comment:

Kelsey and Travis said...

Hey Abby,

This is Kelsey. Em told me that you had a blog. I enjoyed your blog and it reminded me of how the Lord spell bound a group of kids through God Spell in our town recently. My mom works with a youth theater group in our community and back in the spring they did God Spell and I tell you what it was AMAZING!!!! The theater group is really set up as a ministry to the kids in the community and when my mom felt that the group should do God Spell she knew that the Lord was going to do mighty works through it. There were several kids in the play who rededicated their lives to the Lord and a few who fully gave their life to God for the first time. It was so neat to see Gods hand at work in so many peoples live.

God bless you!!!