Wednesday, September 21, 2011

follow through

As I've gotten older, I've noticed that I talk out my ideas.  When I say, "I think I will audition for a play" or "I think I'm going to make a skirt out of a men's dress shirt" or "I think I'll cut off all of my hair," what I mean is that I've thought of an idea and I'm throwing it out there so I can process.

I'm afraid people may think I'm a bit of a flake when I don't end up doing even half of the things I say I will .  I love a good idea.  And I get interested in far more things than I could ever hope to accomplish.

But every once in a while I actually do one of the things I say I will.

Before:


And After!:




Now the question remains - will I make that skirt or audition for that play or recover my dining room chairs or mow the lawn or put in plants in the front yard or use mason jars for everything or make every recipe I see or start a bakery or become a public speaker or ....  

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

Oh, how adorable! I love it. And I totally understand the "talk it out" thing. But I have always done that - and it is still debatable if it actually helps me make decisions!